RSS

Need help with Treyford


Well many of you have been witness to the fury that is Trey; whether it was his breath or his obsession over your hair and personal space. But we are having some difficulties with Trey and I'm not sure what to do with him. I love him to death but he's driving everyone nuts.

Trey from time to time urinated or dooked on my bed. Yes, it was disgusting, but he did it. It was a punishment for something I did, someone other than me slept in my bed or I didn't clean the litter box fast enough for his please....whatev. I want to clarify myself before you think I had a bunch of callers. Before Jay and I married our friends the Woodys came out to visit. They used my bed when they stayed since visitors shouldn't sleep on floors, couches, or airbeds. When they left to go home, Trey jumped on the bed, looked me in the eyes, and peed.

Since we've been married we've had family memebers come and stay and Trey hasn't done that. It's been a nice break. He felt that the time to do it was when we came back from vacation. Again, stood on the bed looked me in the eyes and peed, "welcome home assholes"

He hasn't done that for a while either. Now he's doing it every time we lock him in the bedroom when we let Thomas in. He's ruined the mattress and multiple blankets, sheets, and even pillows! He's even gone so far as to pee on the plastic sheet that we put on the bed.

He doesn't pee on our bed in our bedroom, or the baby's crib, couch or anything else. Just that bed.

I'm also getting worried that he is starting to lose weight. He's much skinnier than before.

He's also my tail. He follows me everywhere. Tries to lay on Evie when I'm nursing her. He wants my lap and my attention. I can't help but think these are all related. But the losing weight bothers me. He still scavenges as often as possible. He's always on the counter or trying to knock over the trash.

So if any of you have some insight that would be great. If not it was great just to vent and let it out. I know Jay has had it, but he knows how important Trey is to me. But I can't make excuses for him and I'm tired of cleaning up after him.

btw....cat piss and bleach=sizzle and heat! Never knew it, never really wanted to but there it is.

1 comments:

Adam said...

I think that sizzling is the ammonia in the pee and the bleach having a chemical reaction. Careful, that's what makes chlorine gas. I'm sure it's minimal, but it can still be dangerous.

As far as clean up, I've read not to use harsh smelling chemicals because can irritate the cat even more.

I'm really not sure what to do. It's definitely behavioral so, sadly, it'll probably come down to whether or not you want or can alter your behavior to make him happy or if you need to have him placed somewhere not quite so stressful for him.

That's a toughy and I tooooootally empathize with the peeing on things. So gross and annoying and frustrating.

Post a Comment